Investment Advisor Assistant, Wealth Management - Vancouver - Job #3807
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (“Company”) is a leading independent, full-services financial firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for an energetic individual to join our Wealth Management team. You will be joining an established team and have an interest in growing your career within Wealth Management.
- Assist Investment Advisor with processing and confirming client transactions;
- Deal directly with all clients, provide quotes and execute trading orders;
- Maintain account lists and compile statistical information and reports;
- Prepare marketing communications and general mail outs to clients and prospects including tracked email marketing;
- Process and follow-up on client documentation for proper maintenance of accounts;
- Assist with coordinating events and client seminars led by Investment Advisors;
- Perform business development functions (identifying & qualifying potential investors) as needed;
- Assist with servicing existing clients;
- Perform additional administrative duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of related experience, with a well-rounded knowledge of the securities industry;
- Completion of CSC, CPH is an asset;
- Strong proficiency with technology, with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Knowledge of Dataphile an asset;
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly, and complete timely follow-through;
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with employees and clients at all levels;
- Excellent organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and multi-task;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.