Portfolio Administrator, Portfolio Operations – Vancouver – Job # 3803
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (“Company”) is a leading independent, full-services financial firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Portfolio Administrator to join our team on a full-time permanent basis. Reporting to the Manager, Portfolio Operations, Mutual Funds & GIC’s, the Portfolio Administrator is primarily responsible for administering Canaccord Genuity’s discretionary and non-discretionary portfolio programs. Business hours for the Portfolio Operations group are 6:00 am – 2:00 pm PST
- Rebalancing of SMA (Separately Managed Account) model portfolios;
- Reporting trade and portfolio details to institutional money managers;
- Performing reconciliations and account administration for all discretionary portfolio programs;
- Participating in projects to increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs;
- Maintaining system data between various platforms;
- Ad-hoc account and performance reporting
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of previous experience in a similar finance or accountancy role;
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Economics;
- CFA enrollment and completion of CSC are preferred;
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive, with excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work independently;
- Ability to learn quickly, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Experience with Dataphile and Advent an asset.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.