Help Desk Technical Support, IT – Vancouver – Job # 3794
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a skilled support individual who is self-directed and can work well within a team environment. This role is required to work after hours and on weekends on a five-week rotation schedule. Role hours are as early as 6:00 AM. Asset management will be a major responsibility for this position
- Provide first-level problem resolution for information systems services, including problem definition, research and resolution of complex situations;
- Provide employees and clients with support and instruction via e-mail, telephone, remotely and on-site for various software and hardware issues;
- Regularly, as required and along with other members of the team, participate in technical workstation support and systems implementations and rollouts;
- Install computer hardware and software quickly in a high stress environment;
- Troubleshoot and resolve PC related problems involving Microsoft software and numerous 3rd party software applications in a distributed environment; (Windows XP,7,8,10 and MAC OS X 10.7-10.11.3);
- Maintain hardware and software inventory;
- Track and log all Help Desk calls;
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of Windows 7&10 Operating Systems, proficiency with Windows 8 and Macintosh OS required;
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory, SCCM, Exchange admin center, Microsoft Office 2010 -16, especially Excel; Office 365 CRM, along with Webmail, Citrix, RDP, Multifactor Identification and F5 environment an asset;
- Diploma in Technology and/or MCSE certification an asset; CompTIA A+ Certified or proven equivalent experience;
- Quote services - Thomson ONE / Market Q / Capital IQ / FactSet experience required;
- Experience with the following applications is also considered an asset:
- ADP Dataphile
- Advent & Moxy
- Citrix MetaFrame
- Mobile device knowledge and support an asset;
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff in a team environment;
- Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to handle demanding workloads in a high stress environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills required;
- Demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting abilities;
- Capable of installing computer hardware/software, quickly and efficiently;
- Ability to lift computer hardware, fax machines and network printers;
- Ability to take initiative, with demonstrated problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Ability to train users effectively in both formal and informal settings.
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.