Legal Administrator, Legal – Toronto – Job # 5245
Through its principal subsidiaries, Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. (the “Company”) is a leading independent, full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets.
Since its establishment in 1950, the Company has been driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships. We achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage services and investment banking services.
The Company has Wealth Management offices located in Canada, the UK, Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man and Australia. Canaccord Genuity, the international capital markets division, operates in North America, UK & Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a proactive individual with excellent organizational, communication, project management and computer skills to join our Legal department. The Legal Administrator will be responsible for supporting the Legal department and will report to the General Counsel, the Sr Litigation Counsel and the Associate General Counsel. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information. This position will entail both law clerk and executive assistant functions and the ideal candidate will be comfortable performing a wide array of tasks
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prepare materials for quarterly mail outs to Board of Directors;
- Track and follow up on time-sensitive client agreements and contracts;
- Maintain various corporate entity, insider, contracts and litigation databases and other records;
- Coordinate business meetings, conferences and travel arrangements;
- Assist in the process of document discovery in pending litigation;
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of business correspondence, presentations, reports and spreadsheets;
- Process expense reports in a timely and accurate manner;
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with various levels of management;
- Perform ad hoc administrative tasks and special projects as required.
- Corporate or securities paralegal or senior legal secretary with law firm or in-house experience; preferably supporting senior management/executives in a legal environment or partners at a large law firm;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with an understanding of confidentiality and protocol;
- Detail-oriented with sound proofreading skills;
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Excellent teamwork skills complemented by the ability to work well independently;
- Strong document management and legal drafting skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Canaccord Genuity Corp. welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. We will provide reasonable accommodations upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection cycle.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter including salary expectations. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.